THE 6TH SYMPOSIUM ON CONFORMAL AND PROBABILISTIC PREDICTION WITH APPLICATIONS (COPA 2017)
14-16 June, 2017
Co-organised by: Royal Holloway, University of London (UK) and Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Detailed programme is here.
Tutorial Day (13 June, 2017)
The venue for the tutorial day is Widerströmska huset, room "Marie". Enter from Solnavägen and follow the signs. In case you get lost, contact Ola Spjuth: +46-70 425 0628 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Ola Spjuth
|10:00-12:00||Tutorial 1: Introduction to Conformal Prediction (Henrik Linusson)|
|13.30-15:00||Tutorial 2: Conformal prediction in Spark (Marco Capuccini)|
|15.30-17:00||Tutorial 3: Venn Predictors (Paolo Toccaceli)|
For more information, see Tutorial Day page.
Location: Samuelsson Hall, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden [map]
Day 1: 14 June 2017
- 9:00 - 9:30 Registration
- 9:30 - 9:40 Welcome Address
- 9:40 - 10:40 Session 1 (Chair: Henrik Boström)
- Vladimir Vovk, Jieli Shen, Valery Manokhin and Min-Ge Xie. "Nonparametric Predictive Distributions based on Conformal Prediction" (slides, paper)
- Paolo Toccaceli and Alexander Gammerman. "Combination of Conformal Predictors for Classification" (slides, paper)
- 10:40 - 11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00 - 12:00 Session 2 (Chair: Evgeny Burnaev)
- Vladimir V'Yugin. "Online Aggregation of Unbounded Signed Losses Using Shifting Experts" (slides, paper)
- Yury Yanovich. "Asymptotic Properties of Nonparametric Estimation on Manifold" (slides, paper)
- 12:00 - 12:30 Poster Presentation Session (Chair: Ulf Norinder)
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30 Keynote 1 Prof Vladimir Vapnik (AI Research Facebook, Columbia University USA and Royal Holloway, University of London, UK), "Intelligent Methods of Learning" (Chair: Alexander Gammerman)
- 14:30 - 15:00 Coffee Break
- 15:00 - 17:00 Session 3 (Chair: Martin Eklund)
- Denis Volkhonskiy, Evgeny Burnaev, Ilia Nouretdinov, Alexander Gammerman and Vladimir Vovk. "Inductive Conformal Martingales for Change-Point Detection" (slides, paper)
- Vladislav Ishimtsev, Ivan Nazarov, Alexander Bernstein and Evgeny Burnaev. "Conformal k-NN Anomaly Detector for Univariate Data Streams"
- Charalambos Eliades and Harris Papadopoulos. "Conformal Prediction for Automatic Face Recognition"
- Fan Yang, Xiaolu Gan, Huazhen Wang, Lei Feng and Yongxuan Lai. "CP-RAkEL: Improving Random k-labelsets with Conformal Prediction for Multi-label Classification"
Day 2: 15 June 2017
- 9:30 - 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 - 11:40 Session 4 (Chair: Ola Engkvist)
- Henrik Linusson, Ulf Norinder, Henrik Boström, Ulf Johansson and Tuve Löfström. "On the Calibration of Aggregated Conformal Predictors" (slides, paper)
- Valery Manokhin. "Probabilistic Prediction for Multi-class Classification"
- Ilia Nouretdinov. "Improving Reliable Probabilistic Prediction by Using Additional Knowledge" (slides, paper)
- 11:40 - 12:00 Coffee Break
- 12:00 - 13:00 Session 5 (Chair: Claus Bendtsen)
- Ilia Nouretdinov. "Reverse Conformal Approach for On-line Experimental Design" (slides, paper)
- Mikhail Malyutov and Paul Grosu. "SCOT Approximation, Training and Asymptotic Inference"
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 18:00 Conference Dinner (aboard the M/S Riddarholmen)
Day 3: 16 June 2017
- 9:00 - 10:00 Keynote 2 Dr. Andreas Bender (Cambridge University, UK), "Conformal and Probabilistic Prediction for Chemical and Biological Data" (Chair: Lars Carlsson)
- 10:00 - 10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:30 - 12:30 Session 6 (Chair: Ola Spjuth) "Novel Directions of Applying Machine Learning in Cheminformatics"
- Staffan Arvidsson, Ola Spjuth, Lars Carlsson and Paolo Toccaceli. "Prediction of Metabolic Transformations using Cross Venn-ABERS Predictors" (slides, paper)
- Lars Carlsson, Claus Bendtsen and Ernst Ahlberg. "Comparing Performance of Different Inductive and Transductive Conformal Predictors Relevant to Drug Discovery"
- Ulf Norinder, Fredrik Svensson and Avid Afzal. "Maximizing Gain in HTS Screening Using Conformal Prediction" (slides, paper)
- Ernst Ahlberg, Susanne Winiwarter, Henrik Boström, Henrik Linusson, Tuve Löfström, Ulf Norinder, Ola Engkvist, Oscar Hammar, Claus Bendtsen and Lars Carlsson, "Using Conformal Prediction to Prioritize Compound Synthesis in Drug Discovery"
- 12:30 - 13:00 Closing Remark
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- Ulf Norinder, Fredrik Svensson, Scott Boyer and Andreas Bender, "Graceful Handling of Imbalanced Binary Datasets Using Mondrian Conformal Prediction"
- Jiangming Sun, Ola Engkvist, Lars Carlsson and Hongming Chen, "Estimate prediction confidence of Bayesian based matrix factorization method through conformal prediction"
- Avid Afzal, Fredrik Svensson, Ines Smit, James Lu, Jerome Mettetal and Andreas Bender, "Prediction of Drug-Drug Interactions in a Bayesian Framework"
- Christina Founti, Valerie J. Gillet and Jonathan Vessey, "Investigating the effect of reliability estimation methods on the (perceived) quality of predictions"
- Denis Volkhonskiy, Ilia Nouretdinov, Alexander Gammerman and Pitt Lim, "Valid Probabilistic Prediction of Life Status after Percutaneous Coronary Intervention procedure"
- Giuseppe Rattá and Jesus Vega, "Well calibrated probability estimates of the Low and High confinement modes using Venn predictors"
- Gayane Harutyunyan, "The sufficient money fund level prediction in Armenian insurance companies"
- Paul Grosu, Mikhail Malyutov, Javed Aslam, Hanai Sadaka, Virgil Pavlu and Tong Zhang, "Sparsity Against Exponential Complexity: Parallel Implementation of Separate Testing of Inputs Authorship Attribution via Sparse Stochastic Context Trees Modeling"
Conference dinner aboard the M/S Riddarholmen
The conference dinner is on Thursday the 15th of June. We will have our conference dinner onboard the M/S Riddarholmen, where we will have a three course dinner while cruising the Stockholm archipelago. M/S Riddarholmen was built in 1916 at Motala Shipyards and renovated in 1990. In 2010 Blid ̈osundsbolaget bought the ship, and she was moved to Skeppsbron in front of the Royal Castle in Stockholm. Please see more information about the cruise by downloading this pdf.
How to find M/S Riddarholmen
The M/S Riddarholmen is located at the quay very close to the royal castle in the Stockholm Old Town. The easiest way to get there is to take the subway to the “Gamla Stan” or “Slussen” stations on the green line and then walk from there or to the station “Kungstr ̈adg ̊arden” on the blue line and walk from there (approximately the same walking distance from all three stations).