Welcome to the CLRC
The Computer Learning Research Centre is dedicated
to the development of machine learning theory.
Our objectives are:
- Development of machine learning theory,
including design of efficient algorithms and analysis of their properties
- Design and implementation of software based on the algorithms
developed at the Centre
- Provision of consultancy, advice and seminars to external organizations
- Serving as a springboard for high-quality interdisciplinary research
- The 2010
Workshop on Game-Theoretic Probability and Related Topics
was held at CLRC on 21 - 23 June 2010.
- Professor Robert Merton
(winner of the 1997 Nobel Prize in Economics)
presented the 2010
entitled "Observations on the Science of Finance
in the Practice of Finance: Past, Present and Future" at 6pm
on 23 February, Windsor Building Auditorium.
The abstract of the talk can be found
- On 8 October 2009,
Shafer and his colleague Arthur Dempster
were made honorary doctors in economics
by the University of Economics, Prague.
See Professor Shafer's
- Yuri Gurevich of Microsoft Research gave a talk on
"The Church-Turing Thesis: Story and Recent Progress"
on 24th March 2009.
- Congratulations to our PhD student Misha Dashevskiy
for winning the E.M.Gold award and a prize for the best paper
in the 19th International conference on Algorithmic Learning Theory
The title of the paper is
"Aggregating Algorithm for a Space of Analytic Functions".
The abstract of the paper is
Mon, 04-Apr-2011 13:10
University of London,
Surrey TW20 0EX
Tel/Fax : +44 (0)1784 443421/439786